Successful online business is not usually complex to learn and setup. Though, the idea of starting business online still scares many. Successful online business like blogging e-trading and online shopping still sound so distant to many. Often time, the question is ‘how do I earn money?’ I could remember a friend asking me what really is blogging? It pains me so much to see that many have not availed themselves of the opportunities offered by the ever-increasing world of internet. In this article we will discuss how to run a successful online business in Nigeria for example. The article will focus on establishment of a DTI cafe in Nigeria.
SUCCESSFUL ONLINE BUSINESS IN NIGERIA: DTI CAFE
For purposes of definition, DTI cafe is a privately owned company that carries out electronic services for transporters and importers in the logistics business. Their primary functions are mainly to monitor manifests and declarations. However, the DTI of today has gone beyond mere electronics goods declaration to full blown documentation company with high profit potential. Most DTI companies I know are into all sorts of documentation and reports generation. The work of DTI cafes are becoming really important in the import and export value chain.
SUCCESSFUL ONLINE BUSINESS IN NIGERIA: INCOME STREAM FOR A DTI CAFE
As a successful online business, the DTI cafe operator makes money from the following services:
- Form M application and generation with Authorized Dealer Banks (commercial bank chosen by the importer to transact business).
- PAAR generation with the Authorized Dealer Bank
- Invoice Templates generation
- Documents vetting; such as the Bill of Lading and the Commercial Invoice
- Partnership with Clearance Agents or even acting as one
- Regulatory licence (such as SONCAP, Import Permit) generation
- Single Goods Declaration (SGD) and Assessment Notice e-services
- Manifest Monitoring
- Rent of work space to private individuals and out-of-office workers
- Computer works, etc.
SUCCESSFUL ONLINE BUSINESS IN NIGERIA: REQUIREMENT FOR OWNING A DTI CAFE
- Get your business registered with the Nigerian Corporate Affairs Commission –CAC
- Equip your office with modern office appliances and at least a computer set
- Partner with a Customs Clearing Agent/Customs Broker, who will allow use of his certificate for setting up the DTI Cafe or otherwise obtain your licence first of all.
- Get your office connected to an internet source
- Make an application to the Nigerian Customs Services for the setup of a DTI Cafe here
- Pay the requested fee
- Attend Training by the Nigerian Customs
- Keep growing in your knowledge of the logistics industry
The DTI cafe is a highly successful online business in Nigeria. Improvements can be made in the way the DTI Cafe is operated today. DTI cafe is easy to setup, and with little resources, yet high profit. The DTI cafe, if run alongside internet cafe and other computer services yields more profit. Once in business, the cafe manager will grow steadily in knowledge around the import and export to becoming a Customs Broker. If this idea of running a DTI cafe makes sense to you, feel to contact us via our contact page.