Power generating set importation Nigeria? What is the reason for this article? Or put in other words, what informed my decision to write this article? Well, this article is an answer freely given to inquirer who approached Vagmon Integrated Services with question on generator importation.
The question is in this respect: dear Vagmon Integrated Services, we are about beginning a generator importation business. Kindly help us get answers to the following concerns:
- What are the permits and relevant agencies for generator importation?
- How do we process permits to import generator sets?
- Using a typical FOB value of USD38260.00 and freight cost of USD3500.00, give us an estimate of duty and clearance cost for 5-10KVA generators.
POWER GENERATING SET IMPORTATION NIGERIA: HOW TO DO IT
The following permits and regulatory agencies are needed for power generating set importation Nigeria:
- NERC – Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission generating set importation permit
- SON PC/SONCAP certificates. See my article for: SONCAP PRODUCT CERTIFICATE: SHIPPING TO NIGERIA
To process NERC generating set importation permit requires the following:
- Importer’s certificate of incorporation.
- 3 years tax clearance certificate of the importing company.
- Importer’s VAT registration certificate from Federal Inland Revenue.
- PROFORMA Invoice with description and detail of the generating set to be imported.
POWER GENERATING SET IMPORTATION NIGERIA: DUTY AND CLEARANCE COST
|1.1||SON PC/SONCAP||Per invoice||TBA|
|1.2||Generator Import Permit||TBA||Usually below NGN50, 000. Can check with NERC Abuja|
|1.3||Form M/PAAR||Per invoice||30,000.00||The bank will debit NGN6,000 from your account|
|1.4||Marine Insurance Certificate||0.11%invoice value (NGN)||16,887.00||Premium due|
|1.6||Two-way Road Transport||1X40’||TBD||Lagos to?|
|1.7||Shipping company charges||7days estimated||130,100||Using CMSCGM Line as example. Usually not up to 200,000, and per outlay|
|1.8||Terminal Handling charges||7days estimated||154,233.43||Could be higher, but usually not up to 200,000, and per outlay|
|1.9||Customs Duty||866,597.00||Just an estimate, Customs has final say|
Read Also: FORM M NIGERIA: HOW TO PROCESS AND OBTAIN IT
Generator importation requires import permit from NERC and SON. Vagmon Integrated Services takes the importation from the very beginning, helping you process all permits. Our cargo clearance is 2-3 days upon duty payment. Why not contact us today?