Where to buy sesame seeds around the world is a big keyword on search engines. Why do people around the world search for where to buy sesame seeds? What is special about sesame seeds? Where can you buy sesame seeds in bulk? Does Nigeria produce sesame seeds? This article will answer these questions.
Read Also: HIBISCUS FLOWER EXPORT FROM NIGERIA: HOW?
In this article, we will explain why many countries of the world are searching for where to buy sesame seeds. The article will show that Nigeria has an abundance of sesame seeds. Additionally, we will discuss why Nigeria sesame seeds is one of the best in the world. Furthermore, we will see the export requirements for sesame seed. Lastly, we will tell you why we have the expertise to export sesame.
WHY SESAME SEEDS?
Sesame seeds are popular for various uses to man. The following are some of the uses of sesame:
- Sesame is a generous source of low cholesterol cooking oil
- The seeds are used in food flavorings and in making dressings or sauces
- Those tiny toppings found on bagels, breadsticks, hamburgers and sushi rolls are all sesame seeds for food.
- The seed contains calcium and zinc, which help to strengthen bone density, to reduce osteoporosis. Vitamin E in sesame helps to keep the skin healthy and young.
- Research has shown that sesame has anti-cancer elements.
- Sesame seed extracts can treatment of diabetes, high blood pressure, etc.
FURTHER MEDICAL USAGE:
- Medically, sesame is useful to protect the liver from free radicals, alcohol and drugs.
- Drug producers use sesame to slow aging wrinkles and treat burns, protect the skin from UV
- Extracts from sesame can improve memory, eyesight and hearing
- This nature seed is also a rich source of vitamins, proteins and antioxidants.
- Chemicals in sesame help to reduce swelling and help with quick recovery of wounded skins.
- Sesame extracted chemicals slow sugar absorption in food. This might help people with diabetes.
- Sesame and its extract can be source of antibacterial for use in medicines.
- Calcium in sesame help to treat rickets.
WHERE TO BUY SESAME SEEDS:
Sesame crop grow in tropical and subtropical areas of South America, Asia, and Africa. In Nigeria, we have two species of sesame, namely: The White-colored seeds or food-grade used in bakery industry and the Brown/mixed or oil-grade.
The White (Food Grade) seed grows in places like Benue, Nassarawa, Taraba, Keffi, Makurdi, Doma, etc. The Brown and other color sesame grow in Jigawa, Katsina and Kano States.
WHERE TO BUY SESAME SEEDS: NIGERIA
With many years of stable production, Nigeria is among the top global producers and exporters of sesame. The following are some of the reasons why you should consider buying sesame from Nigeria.
- Nigeria species sesame contains a relatively high amount of oil, which significantly promotes health benefits. Nigeria produces high quality raw sesame with at least 45% oil content.
- The sesame field in Nigeria is export oriented; producers ensure good knowledge and high ability to meet the needs of international buyers. About 80% of our production for export.
- With the ten states involved in the production, Nigeria is a big market to supply sesame. For information, Nigeria is the seventh largest producer of sesame seeds in the world. Sesame production is growing at the rate of 6% annually in Nigeria.
- In Nigeria, the industry is liberal, so you can expect competitive prices compared to other supplier countries.
- Sesame farmers in Nigeria have the right tools to produce and harvest twice in the planting season.
- The combination of good storage and warehousing facilities makes our sesame available for export throughout the year during this relatively long season.
- All Nigerian sesame-exporting companies comply with the most important Food Safety Standards (SPS).
- The Nigeria National Sesame Seed Association of Nigeria (NSSAN) is doing a great job in empowering farmers. The association is doing sensitization as well, to ensure compliance to specifications and storage.
SAMPLE QUALITY AND EXPORT SPECIFICATION FOR NIGERIA SESAME:
- High oil content (at minimum 45%)
- Low moisture content (<6%)
- 99% minimum purity/cleanliness
- Other admixture: < 2%
- Free Fatty Acids FFA: not more than 1%
- Foreign matter: 1% maximum
- Other color of seeds: 2% maximum
- Packaging: 50kg, 80kg, 100 kg as desired
- Color: White, Brown, Dark brown
- Export price: negotiable
- INCOterms: FOB, CIF, C&F
- Payment: LC, TT, SWIFT, etc. (usually 70% initial deposit, and 30% after receipt of original Bill of Lading or as agreed)
The specification given above is a sample of what is typical, with some minor variations. Contact us today with detailed quality parameter of choice, and we will meet it. We are not just distributors of Agricultural products, but an expert Customs brokerage company. We possess the right knowledge to deliver goods any part of the world.
For some details on export requirement in Nigeria, read our article for HOW TO EXPORT GOODS FROM NIGERIA TO OTHER COUNTRIES
Sesame seed is rich in elements such as calcium, magnesium, zinc, copper iron, etc. it is also good source of vitamins B and E. In addition, sesame has fiber content in good proportion. Thus, sesame has a wide variety of uses in food and medicine. Nigeria is an excellent destination for sesame of any specification. Finally, contact us for desired quantity and specification. In my next article on this subject, I will give the teaming Nigeria people what I call empowerment on how to export sesame.