Exporting sesame seeds from Nigeria is a lucrative venture. Unfortunately, most people fear exporting business. Ask any unemployed youth if he like to do exporting business, he would say no. Why is that so? Why do many people fear exporting business? Most people have the wrong idea that exporting is capital intensive. Therefore, they reason that exporting business is for the rich class. Thus, many have stopped making search on exporting. With this article, we will demystify export business. Furthermore, we will empower many with a money-spinner – exporting sesame seeds from Nigeria.
Consequently, this article we expose the real buyers of sesame seeds. In addition, the article will state where to find sesame in exportable quantity in Nigeria. Equally, we will state how to locate buyers of sesame. Lastly, we will expose our ardent readers to how to characterize sesame for market value enhancement. Read free and thank us by publicizing this information to teaming Nigeria youths and to whoever needs it.
EXPORTING SESAME SEEDS FROM NIGERIA: WHERE TO BUY SESAME IN NIGERIA
The main states that manufacture sesame seeds are Benue, Jigawa and Nasarawa states. Other producing states are Kebbi, Gombe, Plateau, Bauchi, Ebonyi, Taraba, Kaduna, Cross River, and Kwara, states. The following local markets are places to purchase sesame seeds in bulk quantities:
- Kefi and Lafia markets in Nasrawa state.
- Markets in Markurdi Benue state
- Kaduna state – Shaba, Kantin Kawari, and Babadu markets
- markets between Bernin Kudu and Guaram in Jigawa,
- Markets around the boundary areas of Ebonyi and Cross River states
WHO ARE THE BUYERS OF SESAME SEEDS?
Huge market exist for sesame seeds. Importing countries includes India, Japan, South Korea, Netherlands, UK, Germany, and United States of America. Other buyers are Middle East states, Turkey, China, etc. As at quarter one 2020, Japan was rated highest importer of sesame from Nigeria according to data from Federal Bureau of statistics. In that report, sesame is the most traded agricultural product from Nigeria in the quarter one of 2020. Hence, you can see that many Nigerians are already taking advantage of this oil-seed – sesame.
YOU TOO CAN EXPORT SESAME SEEDS
As I said in the opening paragraph of this article, the word export evokes some readymade reaction from most people. When some Nigerians who are looking for a way to make money hear about export, they immediately shy away. This reaction stems from the mindset that exportation is for a certain level of individuals in the society. Contrary to such thoughts, any business-oriented person can do exports. You must not be a producer to export goods. No huge capital is required in exporting sesame seeds from Nigeria. Recently, the demand for sesame is rising. This is understandable, considering huge benefits of sesame to the food and medical industries.
EXPORTING SESAME SEEDS FROM NIGERIA: WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
Rather than dwelling on your inabilities, it is time to develop a can-do attitude. The world has no provision for the mentally lazy. In specific terms, do the following:
- Firstly, register an enterprise if you do not have one
- Secondly, get all necessary documents required to run a company. Have a tax identity number for instance
- Also, obtain export license or exporter’s certification from the Nigeria Export Promotion Council
- Additionally, go out to the markets for sesame listed above, and see things first hand
- Similarly, consult with us as we have various support packages. One of our arrangements allows you to export with our company as cover.
- Be computer and IT literate, buyers are online. Our world is a smart world; hence, you have a smartphone. Do not let your smartphone be smarter than you are. Gone are the days when people read signboards to get to suppliers. The internet is a global signboard; post your goods in the internet.
- Again, use social media wisely. Do not create Facebook accounts to insult anyone, not politicians, not anybody. Sell yourself on the social media platform.
HOW TO DISPLAY SESAME SEEDS FOR SALE
Kindly read our article for WHERE TO BUY SESAME SEEDS: FROM NIGERIA? to get more on how to market sesame seeds.
Exporting sesame seeds from Nigeria is a lucrative venture. Many countries of the world are looking for sesame for food and medicinal purposes. In the first quarter of 2020 alone, Nigeria exported sesame to the tone of 49 Billion naira to Japan, Turkey and Europe. The demand for sesame is on the rise. Vagmon e-Grup & Logistics Ltd is an expert clearing & forwarding company that makes your dreams come true. Why not contact us to seek partnership. Thank you for reading this empowerment turned article. Finally, help to share this message to other persons in your contact list.