What to export from Nigeria or how to export from Nigeria? Which is the most important question right now? The federal government of Nigeria, through the NEXIM Bank has launched a fifty million dollar youth and women export scheme. Hence, the question of what to export from Nigeria is very fresh in many thinking minds. Thus, some are guessing what to export, and others wondering how to export to export.
Read Also: EXPORTATION LICENCE: GOODS FOR EXPORT
Consequently, this article will deal with what and how to export goods from Nigeria. We will do much more. In addition, the article will chronicle list of exportable goods. Furthermore, the article will demonstrate detailed documentary requirement for a typical export product.
WHAT TO EXPORT FROM NIGERIA TO OTHER COUNTRIES
Time will fail us if we begin to enumerate exportable goods from Nigeria. Consider the following summary statistics extracted from International Trade Center (ITC):
The states that produce commercial quantity of groundnuts are Kano, Sokoto, Kwara, Bauchi, Katsina, Zamfara, Nasarawa, Kaduna and Benue state. Countries that buy groundnuts are Vietnam, United Arab Emirate, China, South Africa, Turkey, and Indonesia.
- World Export (2019): US$1.86 Billion
- Africa’s Export (2019): US1.67 Billion
- Nigeria’s Export (2019): US$73.1 Million
- The Nigeria’s share of World Export: 3.9%
- Again, Nigeria’s Top 5 Importing Countries: Viet Nam, India, Malaysia, Russian Federation, Netherlands
- Nigeria’s Major Competitor: Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Burkina Faso & Benin Republic
- World Export (2019): US$9.2 Billion
- Africa’s Export (2019): US6.63 Billion
- Nigeria’s Export (2019): US$248.8 Million
- The Nigeria’s share of World Export: 2.7%
- Also, Nigeria’s Top 5 Importing Countries: Netherlands, Germany, Indonesia, Belgium & Malaysia
- Nigeria’s Major Competitor: Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana & Cameroun
- World Export, 2019: US$55.25 Billion
- Africa’s Export, 2019: US$137.1 Million
- Nigeria’s Export, 2019: US$46,000
- The Nigeria’s share of World Export: 0.00008%
- Equally, Nigeria’s Top 5 Importing Countries: India, Angola, China, France, Ghana
- Nigeria’s Major Competitor: Brazil, USA, Argentina, Canada etc.
- World Export, 2019: US$884.85 Million
- Africa’s Export, 2019: US$14.549 Million
- Nigeria’s Export, 2019: US$9.88 Million
- The Nigeria’s share of World Export: 1.12%
- Similarly, Nigeria’s Top 5 Importing Countries: India, Vietnam, USA, UAE, South Africa
- Nigeria’s Major Competitor: India and China
Crude Palm Oil
- World Export, 2019: US$7.3 Billion
- Africa’s Export, 2019: US$168.5 Million
- Nigeria Export, 2019: US$0
- The Nigeria’s share of World Export: 0%
- Top 5 Importing Countries from Nigeria : Netherlands, Sierra Leone, India, Turkey and USA
- Nigeria’s Major Competitor: Indonesia, Malaysia, Papua New Guinea etc.
- World Export, 2019: US$3.2 Billion
- Africa’s Export, 2019: US$1.87 Billion
- Nigeria’s Export, 2019: US$288.6 Million
- The Nigeria’s Share of World Export: 8.5%
- Top 5 Importing Countries from Nigeria: Japan, Turkey, China, India, Vietnam.
- Nigeria’s Major Competitor: Ethiopia, Sudan & India
- World Export, 2019: US$4.8 Billion
- Africa’s Export, 2019: US$1.44 Billion
- Nigeria’s Export, 2019: US0
- The Nigeria’s Share of World Export: 0%
- Top 5 Importing Countries from Nigeria: France, China, Germany & Netherland
- Nigeria’s Major Competitor: Spain, South Africa & Egypt
HOW TO EXPORT FROM NIGERIA TO OTHER COUNTRIES
In this section, we will present a sample export request made to our client, and see all the export requirements.
ABC has been contracted to supply 10,000 MT of Palm Kernel Cake (PKC) for the next twelve 12 months via FOB.
Our Client has stated they would prefer the following shipping lines CMA/MSC/ARKAS. The PKC shall be in 50kg bags. We intend to ship out Maximum of 1000 Metric Tons monthly using 20ft containers. The destination of the goods is Iskenderun, Turkey and port of Loading is Apapa, Lagos.
The max payload per container shall be 18MT i.e. 360 Bags per container. The Loading point of the PKC is in Ogun state. We require an Export Agent to ensure goods are export ready with all the necessary documentation ready for the shipping company, ports & customs clearance, etc.
Kindly inform us of the following:
- ALL the required charges from both shipping company and your esteemed company to ensure this operation is seamless.
- ALL the necessary documentation required from ABC
I would appreciate your prompt response to this request as we wish to engage Vagmon e-Grup & Logistics Ltd as our export Agent for this transaction. Kindly confirm receipt of this email.
JOB: CUSTOMS CLEARANCE AND DELIVERY FOR 55X20FT (ASSUMING 1000MT PER MONTH AND 18MT PER CONTAINER) CONTAINER STC PALM KERNEL CAKES FROM APAPA PORT TO ISKENDERUN PORT TURKEY
CLIENT: ABC 4 OGBUDU ROAD, OFF GBAGADA, GBAGADA LAGOS ATTENTION: MIKE EKENE
Kindly see below quotation amount for the above mentioned job description.
|CUSTOMS CLEARANCE AND DELIVERY FOR 55X20FT CONTAINER STC PALM KERNEL CAKES FROM APAPA PORT TO ISKENDERUN PORT TURKEY|
|SEA OUTBOUND FREIGHT QUOTATION|
|1.O||OCEAN FREIGHT CHARGES(FROM APAPA PORT TO ISKENDERUN PORT TURKEY)||PER 20 FT CONTR||USD750||USD41,250||CMA CGM|
CUSTOMS CLEARANCE, DOCUMENTATION AND LOCAL CHARGES
|1.1||EXPORT DOCUMENTATION CHARGES||PER SHIPMENT||NGN135,000||NGN1135,000||SEE NOTE|
|1.2||CUSTOMS CLEARING||PER CNTR||NGN50,000||NGN2,750,000|
|1.3||SHIPPING LINE CHARGES||PER 20 FT CNTR||NGN40,000||NGN2,750,000||ESTIMATED FROM EXPERIENCE|
|1.4||TERMINAL HANDLING CHARGES||PER 20 FT CNTR||NGN50,000||NGN3,300,000||ESTIMATED FROM EXPERIENCE|
|1.5||TRANSPORTATION FROM OGUN TO APAPA||PER 20 FT CNTR||NGN750,000||NGN41,250,000||SUBJECT TO CHANGES|
- Ocean Freight Validity: see below
- Transit Time: see below
- Payment: Prepaid
- Routing: TBA
- Transportation is based on the current prevailing market rates and may change during the time of delivery
- Loading at site
- Vehicle Demurrage at site: 4 hours free loading thereafter N30, 000.00 per day/truck
- Cost of brazing and lashing of items in the container
- Destination charges
- Any additional services/charges (if applicable) are subject to your approval
Documents Required for Export Customs Clearance:
- NXP Form
- NESS Payment Receipt
- Proforma Invoice
- NAFDAC Permit for the PKC (if at all needed by importer, but not covered in the document quote)
- Phytosanitary Certificate
- Fumigation Certificate
- A copy of Certificate of Incorporation
- A copy of Nigeria Export Promotion Council Certificate – NEPC (on-off in 2 years not covered in the price for documents in the table)
- Certificate of origin
- Certificate of clean inspection – CC1
- Commercial Invoice
- Packing List
Weight: 18MT/CNTR. Volume: 55 x 20 ft. Standard Dry per month
Packing: 50kg/bag (360 bags per CNTR.)
POL: Apapa, Nigeria (NGAPP) POD: Iskenderun Port Turkey
Validity: Payment Terms: 100% Upfront Payment
Name and Signature: Vagmon e-Grup & Logistics Ltd.
What to export from Nigeria are many. The following are all exportable goods from Nigeria:
- Solid minerals
- Organic skin care and beauty products
- Plastics and products
- Finished beauty products
- Educational materials
- Innovative technologies
- Cane and weaving materials
- Leathers and finished animal products
- Finished polymers and byproducts of oil, etc.
Therefore, we urge you to contact us today for how to do your exports.