Cargo logistics services includes a number of steps and processes in the importation and movement of cargoes from origin to destination. These processes must be well arranged and paid for. Define Commercial agreement between seller and buyer in very clear, understandable terms to avoid pleasant surprises down the line.
CARGO LOGISTICS SERVICES: WHO DOES WHAT
Who handles documentation to avoid errors? Again, who takes responsibility for paying for regulatory documents and certificates? Who pays for certain aspect of the shipping process? Where is the exact destination address? What are the measures and dimensions of the cargo?
When is the shipping date? What is the expected arrival date? In addition, when does the buyer want to use the imported goods? Have you factored waiting time in case the arrival date is not achievable? What is the means of conveyance? Who is the carrier? Who makes the choice of carrier? How do you pay for the cargo and conveyance?
PURPOSE OF ARTICLE
This is rather a broad subject. In this article, I will suggest some agreement that has worked well for most of my clients in Nigeria in the aspect of documents handling. We will treat the other aspects in subsequent articles. Now the following suggestions may not work in other countries, but they have are workable to the peculiarity of the Nigerian environment and works perfectly, though with some variation.
CARGO LOGISTICS SERVICES: SHIPPING DOCUMENTATION
Ask any clearance agent or clearing and forwarding logistics services manager issues they consider vital to ensuring a smooth and efficient cargo importation and clearance. Engaging an effective documentation will always come out on top of their list. Documents could be commonest source of mistakes and headache in international trade. The problems are mainly not with the shipping, but with the clearance of the goods. Thus, there could be delay in cargo clearance if information are inaccurate on documents. Worst yet, the authority can seize some goods for false information. Therefore, ensure proper checks for all documents received from the seller, freight forwarder or regulatory agents.
LEARN TO SUBLET
Most of the corporate and individual importers and even exporters would rather sublet this aspect to a documentation specialist. The documentation specialist is able to take the burden of documentation off the hook of his clients. Importers, exporters, carriers and even the Customs Services have all agreed that subletting documentation jobs to an expert is profitable. It not only eliminates errors in the process, but also makes someone accountable. Furthermore, hiring a documentation expert help to reduce the cost of hiring and maintaining staff. Otherwise, the Importer will incur more costs, due to the evolving nature of the industry.
USE VAGMON e-GRUP & LOGISTICS LTD
Vagmon is a one-stop logistics services complex that helps prepare, generate and obtain all shipping documents with relevant agencies. The services include but not limited to the following.
- Assist in acceptable pro forma invoice, commercial invoice, packing list and all other invoices generation with the shipper, seller or manufacturing company.
- Help in proper HS code categorization and goods description to avoid needless duties.
- Vetting of existing invoices and all shipping documents like BL, AWB, Telexes, etc.
- Direct issuance of cargo insurance certificate from our partner insurance companies with best premium rate available.
- Consultation, Processing of SON Certificates and Import Permits from any part of the globe.
- Processing of NESREA, NAFDAC and NEPC Certificates.
- Form M generation.
Recommended for you; FORM M NIGERIA: HOW TO PROCESS AND OBTAIN IT
- PAAR generation
- Direct Trade Input – DTI Café, Data capturing, Manifest monitoring.
- Clearing and forwarding Database creation and management.
- Clearance of cargoes, using our Customs registered agencies at cheap, but quality service
- Processing shipping documents such as transit manifest, provisional bills, NIMASA documentation, DPR documentation, Temporary Import Permit (TI), etc.
Documents and documentation are crucial to effective cargo logistics services. Import and export process becomes easier if documents are in good shape. Lastly, are you importing or exporting into Nigeria? Why not take advantage of services rendered by Vagmon, so that you can concentrate on other important company issues. We are reachable via our contact us page.