Clearing and Forwarding? What is your business goal next year? Start importation of raw materials for industrial use? Run an importation company for the purpose of buying and resale? Start a Custom Clearance company in a place like Nigeria? Render services to Customs Brokers? Does running a car link with goal of bringing used cars from USA to Nigeria sound exciting to you? Or, is your goal that of researching goods in Nigeria that may be needed abroad and exporting them to foreign countries?
CLEARING AND FORWARDING: HOW VAGMON GROUP CAN HELP
Whatever your goal is with import and export, adequate knowledge of how the clearing and forwarding company operate is essential. Vagmon Group is created with the aim of helping you reach your destination. We provide the excellent education and consultation to make you achieve. Our services include clearing and forwarding, consultation and company setup, processing of import and export documents, training and manpower provisions. We drive joy in seeing you succeed in reaching your import or export goal. This article is an end of year gift to our ardent readers. In this article, we try to put together bits and pieces of information needed for successful importation to Nigeria. Similarly, we shall do a corresponding article on export to compliment this one. Do not forget to reach us via the contact us page on this website.
CLEARING AND FORWARDING: HOW TO START IMPORT PROCESS
- Research the item you want to buy. Who is the seller? What is the seller’s level of compliance with standards? Can the seller provide backup documents for the goods? Documents such as material safety data sheet (if applicable), ISO Certificate, Goods Manufacturing Practice (GMP) are important. So before you initiate any transaction, check to see that the would-be-supplier has what it takes to ship the goods.
- Check what is required to import the commodity into Nigeria. Many have started importation and got frustrated down the line. Some have had to abandon the import at the port. So, avoid needless headache that comes from lack of adequate information by checking with us or any other Clearance Agent. What agency I responsible for issuing import permit for the item? How do you obtain the permit, and how much does permit cost?
- Research time factor. How long does it take to process importation permit from relevant agencies? How long will the shipment take to arrive from the origin to Nigeria? Make sure the timing for the entire process is clear before starting the import.
- Understand your role and the partners in the import value chain. Who does what? Whose role is it to process clearance documents at the destination? What are the terms of shipment?
- Request for draft documents such as the Proforma Invoice from your seller from country of origin of goods. Check here to see acceptable format of proforma invoice in Nigeria. Does what you have agree with this format? Copy our format and edit as appropriate.
CLEARING AND FORWARDING: DOCUMENTATION AND CLEARING PROCESS
For detail of documents and processes required to clear imported goods, see my article for: IMPORTATION LICENSE: REGULATORY AGENCIES NIGERIA
Importation process can be a smooth or painful exercise, depending on what and how it is done. Vagmon Group is a foremost Customs Broker (Clearing Agent)in Nigeria with best know-how to handle your importation from beginning to finish. Our services are comprehensive, depending on the level of involvement you desire. Contact us from the beginning and spare yourself of much headache later. Call our Operational Manager today at +2349075526276. Furthermore, In my next article, I shall provide detail on the work of Clearance Agents.