NERC importation permit is permit to import power-generating sets. The Nigeria Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) is responsible for issuance of NERC importation permit. What are the requirements to obtain NERC import Permit? What is the cost of NERC permit? This article will answer in a straight-to-the-point manner how to process NERC permit. In addition, you can reach us via our contact us page.
Recommended: FORM M NIGERIA: HOW TO PROCESS AND OBTAIN IT
NERC IMPORTATION PERMIT: REQUIREMENTS
Below are the requirements to process generating set import permit in Nigeria:
- Firstly, name of the applicant or the applicant company
- Secondly, quantity of generating set to be import
- Thirdly, Noise level (not more than 35Db
- Similarly, pollution control, indicating type of fitted optimizer
- In addition, make of the generating set
- Technical and environmental ratings
- What is the purpose of importation
- Also, Country of origin
- Equally, capacity or output of the generating set(s).
- Lastly, name and signature of the applicant or the representative
DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED PROCESSING POWER-GENERATING SET IMPORT PERMIT
An application for NERC importation permit shall require attaching the following documents
IMPORTING OR EXPORTING TO NIGERIA?
-PRICE VERIFICATION SYSTEM (PVS)
-SON PC/SONCAP PROCESSING
-FORM M AND PAAR PROCESSING
-INVOICE, CCVO, PACKING LIST, AND OTHER DOCS
-PICKUP AND SHIPPING
-SEAFRIEGHT CLEARANCE AND DELIVERY TO FINAL DESTINATION
-AIR CARGO CLEARANCE AND DELIVERY
WeChat ID: wxid_d75k5efr8hon22
- Application letter on company letterhead
- Corporate Affairs Certificate of incorporation of the company
- Three years valid tax certificate of the applicant company
- Valid SON Product Certificate /SONCAP for the import generators
- NERC processing fee, payable through remittal mode
See also: SONCAP; HOW TO PROCESS AND OBTAIN IT
HOW MUCH TO PROCESSING NERC PERMIT
This is exactly the part most importers like to know. Some call, and want to have immediate answers to cost of processing NERC importation permit. As promised from the onset, we will give quick answer below:
- First, generating sets with output below 100KVA pay N3500 (three thousand five hundred naira) per generating set
- Second, power-generating sets above is 100KVA output pay official fee of N25000 (twenty five thousand naira) per piece.
Thus, assuming you have a total 40 pieces of 2KVA generating sets in your invoice, you must pay NGN14000 to the federal government of Nigeria. However, if you hire someone or an organization to process NERC permit, you will of course pay for services of the company you hire. Furthermore, feel free to contact us for all import and export permits, documentation and clearance in and out of Nigeria.