Customs Clearing Agent? As a businessman, if you were to tap into a population of nearly 200 million people, what business would you rather invest in? Would you just go ahead and invest into your passion for instance, or would you rather think in terms of opportunity, the unsatisfied desire of the people that could be exploited for profit, while serving the target people? Obviously, every businessman’s goal is to make profit. Do you know that Nigeria is an import dependent state? Thus, huge opportunities exist in import and export niche in the Nigerian space. Hence, investing in the cargo clearing and forwarding business in Nigeria is not a bad idea.
Read Also: FORM M NIGERIA: HOW TO PROCESS AND OBTAIN IT
What then is the purpose of this timely article? Could it be to empower businessmen? Or could it be to woo investors? May be both reasons are correct. To give free, but quality information is the reason I wrote this article. Yes I mean the kind of information that people would rather keep to themselves. We are giving out this empowerment because Vagmon e-Grup & Logistics believes that if you give free, you will receive free. Again partnering with organisations from Europe or America is not a bad idea for us, since we already have our presence in those places.
CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENT – WHAT REQUIREMENT?
What apparatus do you need to become a customs clearing agent or Customs Broker (as they are often called in the United States) in Nigeria? Let us divide what is needed to become a customs clearing agent into three categories, to give it a sharper focus:
CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENT: DOCUMENTS NEED FOR FRESH LICENCE APPLICATION WITH THE NIGERIAN CUSTOMS:
- FORM SALE 135
- FORM SALE 158
- CERTIFICATE OF INCORPORATION OF COMPANY
- MEMORANDUM AND ARTICLE OF ASSOCIATION (CUSTOMS AGENT)
- SHARE CAPITAL OF NGN10,000,000.00 FULLY PAID
- CERTIFIED LIST OF DIRECTORS FORM C.07
- QUALIFICATION/VOCATIONAL EXPERIENCE OF DIRECTORS
- SWORN DECLARATION OF DIRECTORS NON-INVOLVEMENT IN FRAUD
- EVIDENCE OF TITLE OF OFFICE
- SCALE OF CHARGES
- THREE (3) YEARS TAX CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE
- RECOMMENDATION FROM BANK
- VEHICLE PARTICULARS
- SKETCH DIAGRAM AND OFFICE PLAN
- LETTER OF APPOINTED/ACCEPTANCE OF CUSTOMS REPRESENTATIVE
- VOCATIONAL EXPERIENCE AND TESTIMONIAL OF CUSTOMS REPRESENTATIVE
- SWORN AFFIDAVIT OF NON-INVOLVEMENT OF CUSTOMS REPRESENTATIVE IN FRAUD
- FOUR (4) PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPHS OF CUSTOMS REPRESENTATIVE
- AUDITED ACCOUNT OF THE COMPANY
- LASTLY, REMARKS: NUMBER OF DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED.
CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENT IN NIGERIA: HUMAN CAPITAL NEEDED
- TRAINED INDIVIDUALS WITH THE PRACTICAL KNOWLEDGE OF CARGO CLEARING IN NIGERIA
- OFFICE WORK DOCUMENTATION SPECIALIST
- GOOD ICT PERSONNEL
- MARKETING PERSONNEL IN NIGERIA
- ALSO, MARKETING OR COMPANY SALES PERSONNEL IN EUROPE OR AMERICA
CUSTOMS CLEARING AGENT IN NIGERIA: MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT NEED
This is a function of how much large you want to start. This article will list the basic equipment that can run a cargo clearing office for a starter.
- FIRSTLY, A 12FT BY 12FT OFFICE APARTMENT
- 3 COMPUTER SYSTEM SETS
- BIG AND SMALL PRINTERS
- MOBILITY; BE IT A SALOON CAR OR A HILUX
- INTERNET FACILITY
- OTHER NORMAL OFFICE EQUIPMENT
- FINALLY, WAREHOUSE (OPTIONAL FOR A START)
Read also: NIGERIA IMPORT REQUIREMENT
Huge untapped opportunities exist in the import and export market in the Nigerian space. To be an import cargo clearing vendor is still a lucrative business as the country relies heavily on imports. Furthermore, Vagmon e-Grup & Logistics has the right information and know-how to help you get all the requirements listed. Therefore, what do you want? Partner with us? Consult us to set up your company? At any rate, we can do much more.