Hire clearing agent in Nigeria is not just an article, but also a real information in all sense. In one of our articles, we defined a clearing agenc as a company with competence and license to mediate with customs and government agencies to release or forward cargos. Thus, in Nigeria for example, the Customs and the port authority must license the agency.
There is no shortage of clearing agency in Nigeria. However, like the saying goes “not all that glitters are gold.” The cargo logistics industry in Nigeria is facing with huge competency gap. This article will itemize the problems bedeviling the industry. Additionally, we will guide importers on how to sift chaff from seeds in attempt to hire clearing agent.
HIRE CLEARING AGENT: WEAKNESSES OF LOGISTICS INDUSTRY IN NIGERIA
We have identified from experience the following issues affecting smooth cargo clearing in Nigeria.
- Poor documentation or outright non-compliance with rules
- Huge infrastructural deficit in the country
- Inefficient port system
- Cargo congestion in the ports
- Difficult and not-well-defined cargo clearance processes
- Unstable and ever-changing government policies
- High cost of local haulage to final destination
- Equally, there is widening competency gap across industry players and agencies
- Recently, the impact of a global covid-19 pandemic.
Suffice to say that all of the factors listed above are militating against timely cargo clearance in Nigeria. Discussing all these factors would mean bombarding our readers with too many theories. Therefore, we will introduce the solution in the next few paragraphs.
HIRE CLEARING AGENT IN NIGERIA: INTRODUCING VAGMON e-GRUP & LOGISTICS LTD
Vagmon e-Grup & Logistics is a provider of Cargo Clearing & Freight Forwarding Services. We offer accelerated, pro-active and prompt management of inbound and outbound goods and consignments. This we do through digital transformation of the complex documentation and communication processes.
Our CEO conceived this business idea after playing roles such as Logistics Documentation Specialist, Clearance Operations Manager, etc. Responsible for overseeing preparation of commercial documents, he witnessed first-hand the effect of complex multi-party transactions, long paper trails, poor coordination between partners and government agencies, mismanaged port system and resultant cost implications.
Technophobic and fraudulent Agents exacerbate this problem. 3-5 days clearing end up taking 3-4 weeks, with high demurrage arising from poor handling by not well-informed Agents. In 2019, fraud caused suspension of 300 Agencies.
Consequently, Importers crave an Agency with right knowledge, candor, and is tech informed.
Vagmon e-Grup & Logistics Ltd is a digitalized Customs Broker with best knowledge of the industry, honest and reliable. Our Logistics Management and Service-Oriented platform improves customer service levels in the industry.
BUSINESS PROCESS FOR VAGMON
Features & Functionalities
IMPORTING OR EXPORTING TO NIGERIA?
-PRICE VERIFICATION SYSTEM (PVS)
-SON PC/SONCAP PROCESSING
-FORM M AND PAAR PROCESSING
-INVOICE, CCVO, PACKING LIST, AND OTHER DOCS
-PICKUP AND SHIPPING
-SEAFRIEGHT CLEARANCE AND DELIVERY TO FINAL DESTINATION
-AIR CARGO CLEARANCE AND DELIVERY
WeChat ID: wxid_d75k5efr8hon22
- Manage Customer Touchpoints:
- Proactively, processing import/export documentation according to customs regulations.
- Classifying goods to tariff coding system.
- Calculating duty, taxes in advance.
- Responsiveness and Quick Communications:
- Accessible on multiple communication channels.
- Conferring with officials of agencies to facilitate clearance of goods.
- Advising customers on import/export restrictions, tariff systems, quotas, customs-related matters.
- Applying for tariff concessions or duty drawbacks and refunds.
- Ensuring right shipping channel port for cargo type.
- Analyzing, determining beforehand clearing option.
- Clear goods promptly within demurrage-free period.
- Determining best delivery route, most cost effective haulage.
BRIEF BUSINESS ANALYSIS FOR VAGMON
SWOT Analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, & Threats)
- Documentation, which is key to clearing, is our forte.
- Unique expertise in Customs Brokerage.
- Additionally, we are tech-savvy
Weakness: Networking is a major weakness. To mitigate this, we have appointed a proven networker as Non-Executive Director of board.
Opportunities: Untapped use of info-tech, blogs and social media integration.
Threats: The threat is in the form of stiff competition by other Agents and high clearing cost. We seek minimum cost of clearing through advance planning.
Our CEO has been around logistics industry, played roles such as Senior Documentation Manager, and Operations Manager, thus have excellent knowledge in the industry. The operations Manager is a Customs Broker with over 25-year experience in cargo handling. Included in our field team are retired Customs officers, who deliver cargos before stipulated schedule. Our clerical staff are with a minimum of 5 years document handling experience. We have ICT/IT team with experienced bloggers and networking persons, who have the right expertise in the online world. Hence, our website is ranking high on search engines, and has brought good clients.
Read Also: CLEARING GOODS THROUGH CUSTOMS NIGERIA
The key most important factor in cargo logistics is planning. Like the saying goes, “failure to plan is plan to fail.” Before you hire clearing agent, seek for one who is able to see the end from the beginning. Does the agency know which shipping method is best for cargo type? Furthermore, what is the estimated transit time from pick-up, transportation, to delivery of shipments to final destination?
Vagmon e-Grup & Logistics Ltd is a one-stop cargo handler in Nigeria, with right technological knowledge needed in the ever-evolving industry. Lastly, contact us today to solve the hassle.